Thursday, January 13, 2011

Prov 27:17

Prov 27:17 - Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Over the past couple of weeks there have been quite a few people 'sharpening' me. I can't lie, it's not always fun being told that you need to grow up and get in line; but it's very necessary, and that's what friends are for.
This past weekend, OB Church (the church I visited in Hawaii last year) held an island wide singles conference. Obviously I wasn't able to attend this year, but I was able to start listening to the lessons online today at http://www.obchurch.org/index.php/messages/P16/. After listening to the first lesson titled 'Keep your focus in this world' all I can say is 'WOW!' It was exactly what I've been struggling with lately. Pastor Reid used Daniel's example to teach me how to stay focused on God while living in this corrupt world. I cant wait to listen to the rest of the lessons from the singles conference!

Hope you guys have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. PTL! That's great! I think I'll have to listen to some of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really great!! Wish you all could have been here.

    ReplyDelete