Thursday, December 31, 2009

Devotions 12-31-09

Today I read Gen 2:7-25 for Two Rivers' daily devotion. It's a neat example of God's order for growing up. Before God gave Adam a wife, he gave him a job, resposibilities, and a close, personal relationship with his creator.
We naturally want to make relationships the #1 priority, when we should be focusing on our relationship with God and his will for our life, developing a career (to support ourselves and our future family), and building a home. Untill we have these things in order, then we really aren't ready to get married, and support a family.
I really liked how this devotion ties into Proverbs 31 (the virtuous woman), Ohana's daily devotion from Psalm 37:3-5, 23-24 (Trust in the LORD, Delight thyself in the LORD, The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.), as well as the book I have been reading.
I have been so amazed about how much God has been blessing me, and drawing me closer to him since I have finally made him #1 in my life. It's an awesome feeling for lack of a better term....

No comments:

Post a Comment