Friday, January 1, 2010

Devotions January 1, 2010

Today, I started off the new year with the Proverb of the day. Verse 33 really jumped out at me, 'But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil. This verse is talking about wisdom. If we seek wisdom, and listen to it, then God promises that we will be safe, and will not fear evil...
Two Rivers' devotion came from Phil 3:7-14. Here Paul is talking about things that were a personal gain, he counted a loss for Christ. In verses 13b-14 he says 'but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.' No matter what we've done in the past, we need to keep our eyes focused forward, and press toward the mark that God has placed before us.
Ohana's Devotion came from Joshua 14:6-15. Caleb was one of the twelve spies originally sent to see what they would be up against when the time came to take over the promised land. He was one of only two spies that had the faith to say 'let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.' (Numbers 13:30) Because of his faith, he was given all of the land that he had covered on that first trip (Joshua 14:9). If we follow God 100%, we will reward us beyond our wildest imaginations!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, brother! I read your first two posts, and I think they're awesome! It's pretty neat because I was talking with pretty much all the Singles here, like usual the past few days, about OBC devotions and my own currently from Psalms right now. PTL! Everything seemed 'spot on' to me, and your sight has already been a blessing and encouragement to me. I'm looking forward to the ones to come already. God bless and take care.

    1 Thessalonians 5:16 Rejoice evermore.

    ReplyDelete