Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2 Corinthians 9:6 - But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
Mr Anderson quoted this verse in church tonight, and it really got my attention. It's a good verse that I can apply to both my physical life and my spiritual life.

The more effort I put into everyday life, the more i will get out of it. the harder I work, the more I will get done. The more hours i work, the more I will get paid. The more I give back to God, the more he will bless me with. Financially, I have really been struggling this past year in particular. I worked 12-15hours, 6 days a week all summer, but no matter how hard I worked, I could never keep it in the bank. If I wasn't breaking my truck, something else was happening that I had to spend it on. I've had several people tell me that God was trying to tell me to get rid of my truck, but as I look back on this past year, I have realized what the problem is. i have not been faithful in my tithes and offerings. How can I expect God to bless my labor, if I am not giving it back to him? I need to turn focus from from trying to get money for my own benefit, and focus on asking God what he wants me to do with what he has already given me.

Spiritually, the more I seek God, the more he will bless me. i cannot expect to grow in leaps and bounds if i am not seeking him all day, every day. I need to have God, his word, and his will in my thoughts and in my actions all day all.

Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.'

Hebrews 11:6 'But without faith it is imposable to please him:for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.'

My prayer is that I will seek God with my whole heart, thoughout every single day.


No comments:

Post a Comment