Saturday, January 23, 2010

What am i doing for God?

I just read a friend's blog about her life as a christian,; and that she did not really start growing until a few years ago. It really hit home to me.

I have been saved for 3 1/2 years, but I never started growing until this past fall, and it wasn't until November that I started seeking God for the right reasons. When I Came to Hawaii for the first time, I was at the end of my rope. I had made some serious mistakes, and I was trying everything I could think of to grow closer to God with little, if any results.
For as long as I can remember (when i was a little kid, b4 I was saved), I have always been afraid that God would want me to preach or work in a ministry that involved public speaking, and I would have to say no because I as afraid of talking in front of folks. I have fought with it for years, and refused to surrender my life to God, simply because I was afraid of what he might want me to do. My first Sunday at Ohana Baptist Church, i finally gave up, and surrendered my whole life to God; even if that meant becoming a preacher. I cannot begin to describe the peace God has given me since that day! When I surrendered, God showed me what he wanted me to with my life to serve him. He didn't tell me to go to Bible college, or preach, or even teach a Sunday school class. He told me to serve him full time in my everyday life. All day, everyday, i should be focused on him, and seeking ways to glorify him with my everyday life. It isn't as easy to do as you might think, and there are so many issues in my life, that I start to get overwhelmed. Monday, i was talking to Jerome about a lot of different things. One thing we talked about, was that I was not as strong of a christian as I wanted/needed to be. I'll never forget what he told me. 'Just keep trying, it's all you can do. Keep trying, and God will do the rest.' If I keep God in the center of my focus, and keep trying to please him with my whole heart, he will make me stronger. No, it wont happen overnight, but the stronger I get, the faster I will grow. I can't wait to see what God has in store for my life!

The Neil's lesson on soul winning really hit home too. If we aren't doing something to further God's kingdom, then there is no reason for us to remain on this earth. We are here for 2 reasons; to glorify God, and bring souls to him. i have never even given someone a tract before. I really have a lot to work on, but God is faithful, and he will guide me path. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. I need to seek God daily in his word, and he will guide me...

1 comment: