Saturday, January 2, 2010

Devotions January 2, 2010

Probverbs 2:1-5 My son, if you wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God. Almost every christian you ask, will tell you that they want to be close to God, but very few are will to put the effort into getting there. it takes a lot more then just a pray every so often, and going to church on Sunday and Wednesday. It takes a lot of time, and dedication on our part to truly grow close to God. If we really want to find and understand the knowledge of God, we need to seek her as silver, and search for her as for hid treasures.

Two Rivers' devotion came from Romans 1:8-18. Verse 16 really jumped out at me. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first and also to the Greek. I don't know how many times I have been around unsaved people, and have not told them I am a christian. If they were to ask me, I wouldn't hesitate to tell them, but I rarely volunteer the information. We are here to seek and save the lost. How can we do that if the lost don't even know we are Christians?

Ohana's devotion came from Mathew 17:14-21. This was the story about the boy that was possessed with a demon, and the disciples could not cast it out. They could not, because they were not relying and trusting God to cast the demon out. Jesus told them If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say to this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Faith is believing and trusting in God. We need to stay focused on God, and what he says, and not on our own skills or abilities.

2 comments:

  1. Hey buddy, again some good stuff. I found the part about Romans especially challenging and convicting. Here's a little addition to your description of faith, which I think I heard from Rich Tozour that I always remember when someone mentions faith, he states, "Faith is not just believing in God. Faith is believing God!" Also I posted a comment yesterday, and the computer then said the comment would be visible after blog owner approval. However, I don't see it so in case you didn't get it, I basically just said that I think the site is great. It's already been a blessing and challenge to me. God bless and take care!

    1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input! Sorry for not posting these comments earlier; I am still learning how this site works, lol! I am glad it has been a blessing. I hope that this blog will keep me accountable for my devotions (if I dont do them, everyone will know, lol!).

    ReplyDelete