Monday, January 25, 2010

Devotions January 25, 2010

Today I read Proverbs 25 for my morning devotion. Verse 4 says 'Take away the dross from the silver, and there shall come forth a vessel for the refiner.' Dross is the impurities that are mixed in with the silver. Before a silversmith can make anything out of raw silver, he must first purify it. People are the same way. Before God can mold us the way he wants us, we need to remove the 'impurities' from our life. There have been times when I have tried to grow closer to God, and seek his will, but it just wasn't happening. I wasn't growing, because I chose to ignore some issues in my life that I knew were wrong, but I wasn't ready to give them up. If I want to grow close to God, I need to start working on removing all of the garbage that I know is wrong before I can expect him to work in my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment